Mobile commerce has reached and passed its tipping point: more than 60% of the U.S. population now owns smartphones. But mobile commerce is about much more than just the “location-based strategies” and apps that are discussed in other books on the topic. The Mobile Commerce Revolution covers what you need to know to capitalize on history’s greatest shifts in human and consumer behavior — from infrastructure to culture, strategy to tactics. Written by Tim Hayden and Tom Webster, two of mobile technology and media’s pioneering thought leaders, this actionable guide is packed with brand-new case studies and practical guidance from small startups to large brands. The authors share their immense experience to help you:
- Capture rapidly shifting end-user behavior in your marketing plans and programs
- Effectively integrate mobile with your existing media and business operations
- Implement the right infrastructure, and evolve it to reflect emerging trends
- Make the internal cultural changes required to fully leverage the mobile commerce opportunity
- Understand the new playing field of carriers, device OEMs, developers, and agencies
- Discover which mobile tactics may actually influence marketing/purchase behavior
- Identify crucial regional differences, generational behaviors, and usage patterns
- Preview the future of mobile commerce and mobile payments, from NFC/Bluetooth LE to light sensors and augmented reality
- Leverage powerful savings and efficiencies that go way beyond smartphones and tablets – including digital smart signage, customer service/CRM systems, point-of-sale solutions, and in-home/in-store systems
Along the way, Hayden and Webster present incisive interviews with pioneers in mobile technology innovation, from Rishad Tobaccowala, Chair Digitas LBi and Razorfish at Publicis Groupe, to Steve Ellis, EVP, Head of Wholesale Services Group at Wells Fargo. If you’re making decisions about marketing, customer service and mobile commerce, no other guide offers as much provocative and actionable insight.
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.